The Board of Reorganization was called to order by the Deputy Clerk, Toni Williamson with the pledge of allegiance at 7:30pm. Toni then swore in the elected officials, Gary Vink as Supervisor and Patrice Winfield as Treasurer.

The clerk asked for nominations for Chairperson for the Board of Supervisors and after nomination and seconding, with no discussions, Glen Williamson was unanimously voted as Chairperson.

The Board voted to approve the Budget as set at the Annual Meeting on March 2, 2011.


The Reorganization meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm Chair Glen Williamson called the Board of Supervisors meeting to order.

Road Report by Gary Vink

Heller Road – March 25, 2011 snowplowing 15 minutes. Bill to New Dosey of $37.50

Water – Vink, Heller, Langstrom, Eagle Head and Mink roads. No action taken. Langstrom has a frozen culvert and he isn’t sure if it is a county matter or not.

Glen reported on the Pine County Township Officers Association meeting held on March 26, 2011. He was also re-elected as the Secretary/Treasurer. Bea Drilling received a plaque in appreciation for her husband Joe Drilling who passed away last year for his 32 years of service. Don Sherper spoke encouraging everyone to come to the district meetings. The Pine County Board of Commissioners will begin to have meetings later in the day for better participation. There was a question from mike asking if Essential Health was there. Glen responded no, but they will try to get them at a future meeting. Patrice gave an overview on budget issues, overtime, checking flooding, and hiring a vendor to upgrade road signs.

Glen, Patrice and Toni attended the Minnesota Association of Townships Spring Meeting on April 1, 2011 at Black Bear Casino. Glen asked if it is possible for more than one supervisor to attend these meetings to ensure all are well informed.

· Glen gave information on the upcoming required retro reflectivity unfunded mandate. He gave a sample of what we should model. We need to go out and check our signs. The must look the same with poles at standard sizes that look the same day or night. There was discussion and it was suggested that we call a special meeting. Mike asked if we have any escrow and Patrice replied no. It is to be discussed at the May meeting.

· There was conversation regarding the Fire Department and the relationship with the County and Township. The question was asked by Glen if it is independent, nonprofit joint powers. Mike said that it is and independent-nonprofit. Glen suggested we should get Joint Powers with Arna and New Dosey. There was an objection from Gary that this it is a fire department issue and should be taken up at the Fire Department meeting. Glen responded that if the Township is spending $4,500 we should know where it is going and who we are dealing with as we have no representative.

· Discussion then went to resolutions. Gary said we need to be sure to make them and they should be separate and not have to go through minutes. This was tabled until our Clerk Paul returns, which should be in time for the June meeting.

· Patrice mentioned that E&O (Errors and Omissions) will no longer be covered as a standalone policy. Toni will check the insurance policy to see if our E&O is a standalone or included in our main policy. Patrice went on to say that if it is not included through them that Country Financial says we can get E&O insurance through them.

· At the MAT meeting, they asked all townships to show good representation and/or support for the National convention.

Patrice brought up that the group life insurance is due. She asked if Toni (Deputy Clerk) should be included. There was discussion, a motion by Gary and second by Mike to add Toni to the insurance. Glen abstained from voting.

Toni mentioned that the ramp handrails need to be reinforced as they sag when you lean on them and if they break, someone could get injured. The Supervisors went outside to inspect the ramp handrails and upon return, Glen motion to get braces for handrails and to finish the handicap access necessities. It was seconded by Mike and motion was passed.

Glen mentioned that there had been a complaint about snowplow damaging property. He suggested that we should get an actual plow and not use the grader. He then posed the question if we want to consider getting out of the plow business. Mike said we need to think about what kind of truck. Patrice suggested a small truck for driveways and one for regular roads. Glen asked all to consider if this is something we should do. Mike will look into it.

Glen mentioned that Steve Alden on Fust Lane had called him with garbage questions and he was told him to call Mike McCullen, our representative on the garbage board.  Gary Vink informed the board that he’s now the representative on the garbage board and any questions about garbage should be directed to him.

Patrice copied and gave the minutes for the year 2011 to Eldon Schmedeke. Total cost with postage, ink, paper and time came to $47.56. Clerk will send bill.


Patrice Winfield $281.16 Miscellaneous Duties and Meetings

Glen Williamson Sr. $217.71 Miscellaneous Meetings and Duties

Toni Williamson $360.42 Meetings, Miscellaneous Duties and Bookwork

Frank Rehberger $ 50.95 Snow Plowing

Gary Vink $155.20 Meetings and Road Maintenance

Mark Pallow $161.34 Snow Plowing

Mike McCullen $ 25.48 Meeting

ECE $ 48.02 Electric

Pine City Courier $ 20.68 Notices

Federated $123.69 Heating Oil

Evergreen $ 35.00 Notices

Bruno Deep Rock $374.06 Batteries for Grader

Patrice Winfield $96.05 Office Supplies

Glen Williamson $145.00 Mileage and Short Courses

MN Benefit Association $197.00 Group Life

Aspire, Inc. $200.00 Web Site

Gary Vink $ 34.50 Plow/Road maintenance

Toni Williamson $ 80.00 Election and Sprint MAT Meeting

US Treasury $460.00 Medicare

TOTAL $3,070.00

Motioned by Mike and seconded by Gary to transfer necessary funds to pay bills.

Motioned by Mike to adjourn and seconded by Gary. Meeting adjourned at 9:30pm.

Toni Williamson
Deputy Clerk, Wilma Township