The Town Board hereby adopts the following as the rental policy for the rental of the Wilma Township Town Hall.
- 1. Definitions. For the purposes of this policy, the following terms shall have the meaning given them in this section.
a) Alcohol. “Alcohol” means wine, beer, liquor, and any other beverage containing more than one-half of one percent alcohol by volume.
b) Event. “Event” means the entire period for which a Renter has rented the Hall, including any permitted set-up or clean-up periods.
c) Guests. “Guests” means those who attend the Event.
d) Grounds. “Grounds” means the land immediately adjacent to and surrounding the Township Hall that is owned or leased by the Township.
e) Hall. “Hall” means the Wilma Township Hall.
f) Rental Application. “Rental Application” means the form developed by the Town to be completed and submitted to the Town by proposed Renter seeking permission from the Town to rent the Hall.
g) Rental Request. “Rental Request: means the submission of a completed Rental Application by a proposed Renter seeking permission from the Town to rent the Hall.
h) Renter. “Renter” means the person, corporation, or entity that submits a Rental Application to rent the Hall.
i) Town. “Town” means Wilma Township, Pine County, Minnesota and any references to actions or approvals by the Town are to its Township Board of Supervisors.
- 2. Renters Bound by Policy. Rental of the Hall constitutes Renter’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this policy. The Renter assumes full responsibility for any damage caused in connection with the Event and for the actions of those who attend the Event. If a corporation or entity is renting the Hall, and officer or agent of the corporation or entity must be designated on the application as the responsible person for the rental; though doing so does not limit the liability of the corporation or entity for the rental or what occurs during the Event.
- 3. Rental Request.
a) Process. All rental requests must be made on the application form provided by the Town and shall be delivered to the Town Clerk. All rental requests must be made at least 14 days before the proposed Event. When a completed Rental Application is received, the Town will notify the Renter of whether the request is approved. All approvals are subject to and conditioned upon; the payment of all required rental fees and a damage deposit (if required); any modifications, limitations, or additional requirements indicated on the Rental Application; and compliance with all the provisions of this policy and any other applicable rules or regulations.
b) Rental Hours. The rental hours for a particular Event shall be as indicated by the Town on the Rental Application form and approved by the Town. The Town may approve additional hours to set-up for, and clean-up after the Event. The Renter and all attendees must vacate the Hall by the end of the rental hours; except that the Town may approve specific additional hours a Renter may use to clean the Hall after the Event.
c) Sublet or Transfer. A Renter may not sublet the Hall, nor may the application or rental privileges be transferred or assigned.
d) Cancellation. Approved rental requests may be cancelled as provided in this section. Application fees are non-refundable and will not be returned if a rental request is cancelled.
- i. By Town. The Town may cancel any approved rental request in any of the following circumstances: (1) at any time if the Renter fails to comply with any conditions imposed by the Town of the rental including, but not limited to, failing to file the required damage deposit within the time set, failing to pay the rental fee in full by the time set, failing to provide for security by a law enforcement when required; (2) for any reason if the Town provides notice of cancellation to the Renter at least 30 days before the Event; or (3) at any time for reasons beyond the Town’s control, such as cases of emergency, unsafe environmental or health conditions, or the interruption of utility services. If the Town cancels a rental request after it has been approved, except for Renter’s failure to provide payment, proof of insurance, or to comply with any other conditions imposed on the request within the time set, it will return any rental fees and damage deposit paid by the Renter. Renter acknowledges and agrees that the Town shall not be liable for any claims of description loss or damages resulting from the Town’s cancellation of a rental request as provided in this section.
- ii. By Renter. A Renter may cancel a rental request up to 30 days before the Event. The Town will return any rental fees and damage deposit paid by the Renter. A Renter canceling a rental request within 30 days of the Events forfeits all rental fees paid the Town, but the Town will return the damage deposit if one was paid.
- Rental Fees and Damage Deposit. The following rental fees and damage deposit apply to the rental of the Hall and must be paid to the Town at least 14 days before the Event and before the event will be scheduled on the calendar. Rental fees are not refundable, except that unused portion of the damage deposit will be returned to the Renter within 30 days after the day of the event. The Town Board at its discretion may waive the Rental Fee for other governmental units/entities.
|Residents Damage Deposit
- Use of the Hall. The Renter and Guests must comply with all the following.
a) Setup-up and Decorations. The Town may allow Renter to enter the Hall before the rental hours in order to set-up or decorate for the Event. Decorations may not be affixed to the Hall in any way that damages the Hall. Confetti, birdseeds, rice or other like items are prohibited.
b) Sound Levels. Sounds levels must be controlled so as to not cause damage to the Hall or to unreasonably disturb neighbors.
c) Disorderly Conduct. Disorderly conduct of any kind is prohibited and any persons engaging in disorderly conduct are subject to being ejected. The Renter shall be solely responsible for supervising the conduct of those who attend the Event and is financially responsible for any damages caused.
d) Alcohol. No liquor, wine, or beer shall be sold or otherwise exchanged for compensation in connection with the use of the Hall. If alcohol is to be consumed, the Renter must indicate that fact on the Rental Application.
e) Security. The Town may require the Renter to have a licensed law enforcement officer during the Event to provide security and to help enforce the provisions of this policy. The Renter will be responsible for making all arrangements to secure the services of a licensed law enforcement officer, paying for service, and ofr providing the person a copy of this policy.
f) Gambling. Gambling of any nature or manner is prohibited.
g) Smoking. The Hall is a smoke-free building and smoking of any kind is prohibited in the Hall and within 30 feet of the Hall.
h) Parking. Guest may not park on the lawn or in any way that causes damage to the Grounds or that interferes with traffic or safety.
i) Charging Admission. The Renter may not charge admission for the Event unless approved by the Town.
- i. No furniture, decorations, or other items may be placed in such a way as to block the exits.
- ii. The Renter is responsible for assuring the Hall does not become overcrowded.
- iii. No open flames, sparklers, or any fireworks are permitted in the Hall or on the Grounds.
k) Clean-up. The Renter is responsible for cleaning the Hall and must return the Hall to at least the same condition it was in before the Event.
- Assumption of Responsibility. The Renter assumes full responsibility for the appropriate conduct of all the group members and Guests at the Hall during rental hours. The Renter also assumes full responsibility for any loss, breakage, or damage caused to the hall, the Hall contents, or to the Grounds. The Town is not liable for any loss, damage, injury, or illness suffered during the use of the Hall by the Renters or the Guests.
- Indemnification. The renter agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Town, it’s officers, agents, and employees against any and all liability, loss, costs, damages, expenses, claims or actions, including attorney fees which the Town, its officers, agents, or employees may hereafter sustain, incur, or be required to pay, arising out of or by reason of any act or omission of the Renter or Guests.
- Insurance. The Renter may be required to provide proof of liability insurance before the Event proving coverage in an amount determined by the Town. If proof of insurance is required, the Renter must deliver the proof to the Town at least 7 days before the Event. Failure to provide adequate proof of insurance as required by the Town will void the rental request and any approvals given by the Town.
Adopted this 3rd day of February 2010
Motioned made by Glen Williamson Sr., Seconded by Mike McCullen.
The Motion passed unanimously.
By Wilma Township Board of Supervisors
Glen H. Williamson, Chairperson
Attest: ___________________ Clerk
RENTAL APPLICATION FOR THE
WILMA TOWNSHIP TOWN HALL
Duxbury, MN 55072
Application must be submitted to the Town Clerk at least 14 days before the event along with $____________ application fee.
Rental Hours: Date of the Event:__________________ Type of Event:____________________
Starting Time: ___________ Ending Time: __________ Setup Time and Date:______________
The Hall must be cleaned up immediately after the Event unless other arrangements have been made with the Town.
Rental Applicant Information
Name of Applicant:_____________________________________ Date of Application:________
Address:______________________________________________ Home Phone:_____________
City:___________________________ State: ____ Zip: _________ Other Phone:_____________
Will alcohol be brought or consumed at the event? ____ Yes ___ No
Alcohol: Alcohol may not be sold or exchanged for compensation in any way in connection with the use of the Hall. If alcohol is present and 100 or more guests are expected, the Town shall require the Renter to hire a licensed law enforcement officer to provide security for the event. How many people are you expecting for this event at the Hall? ______________
If more than 100 name of Security Guard:_____________________ Police Dept:_____________
Insurance: If more than 100 people and alcohol is being served, proof of liability insurance may be required before this event in an amount to be determined by the board.
Residency: Are you a resident of Wilma Township? ______Yes _______ No
Rental Fees and Damage Deposit: A non-refundable application fee must be paid at the time of submitting the application. All additional fees and a damage deposit, if required must be paid to the Town at least 14 days before the event or this application is voided. The applicable fees are those as set by the Town in its Township Hall Rental Policy.
Applicant understands and agrees that if its application is approved, applicant is fully responsible for the event and is subject to the terms and conditions of the Township Rental Policy. I also acknowledge that I have read the Township Rental Policy.
TOWN USE ONLY
Application Approved? _____Yes _____ No (If “No”, please put reasons on reverse side of this form)
The approval is conditional upon the following medications, limitations, or additional requirements (if any).
FEES: Rental Fee $________________ Damage Deposit $______________ Date: _________________