Archives
  • 2014 (21)
  • 2013 (22)
  • 2012 (26)
  • 2011 (24)
  • 2010 (24)
  • 2009 (28)
  • 2008 (16)
  • 2007 (17)
  • 2006 (7)
  • 2005 (1)

Archive for July, 2007

Regular Meeting, July 11, 2007

WILMA TOWNSHIP TOWN BOARD MEETING, JULY 11, 2007

Chairman Gary Vink called the meeting to order at 7:45 p.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance. Also present were Supervisors Michael McCullen and Glenford Williamson, Treasurer Patrice Winfield, Clerk Paul Raymond, and Frank and Bonnie Rehberger, Randy Michel, Mark and Lisa Sisterman, Joe Vink, Eldon Schmedeke, and two citizens.

Paul read the record of the June meeting. Mike moved to approve; Glen seconded.

OLD BUSINESS: FEMA Flood funds: Gary got a letter from Harold Christenson, claiming to be the fourth request, asking for invoices proving that we used the FEMA funds in 2001 to pay for our road repairs. Gary asked Paul to find the invoices and to verify that we did get the FEMA funds, and to contact Christenson and forward the material to him. Gary thinks the earlier requests may have been going to Bob Skorczewski.

Pine Co. Commissioners’ Meeting/Schmedeke Lane: Glen attended the meeting. The Board decided to move and rebuild Schmedeke Lane, including Shmedeke’s private cartway, 60 feet to the east at the County’s expense. They had two surveyors check the road and they said the road is 60-100 feet off from where it should be on the original surveyor’s section line. They will return the current road to forest land. Glen asked for Eldon’s feedback. Eldon said he was disappointed that the Town Board did not fight harder, as he believes they would have if it had been the west Range Line that was in dispute, and that he still believes that his survey is the correct one. The Board’s original specifications for Schmedeke Lane were that it would be placed on the section line, so the Board is not liable for it being wrong. Because Bruce Greenly’s home site will be affected, the County will fill in a building site for him. The Commissioners made it clear that only three properties are affected by this: Schmedeke’s, Jensen’s, and Greenly’s. This does not affect any other property lines or surveys. Eldon asked if they are going to build a full-fledged, full-platted 66′ road. Mike said the new Schmedeke Lane will be exactly as good as the existing one. The County paid $27,000 to do the survey. On June 21st, the Board met with Greg Bernu and the County Forester and explained to Eldon what they planned to do.

Little Tamarack Lake Road Sign: Glen got a note from Kari Holter saying that the road sign for their road is gone. Gary said it looks like the whole post is gone. The Tamarack River Road cross-sign is also gone, if there was one. Paul will write the highway department. Gary wants us to ask East Central if they know anything about it; it looks like the County replaced the stop sign. East Central paid the $500 escrow fee and repaired the road after our letter.

Laptop Flash Drive: Glen purchased the flash drive to back up files for $19.95 plus tax.

Arna Township Pete Anderson Road Proposal: Arna sent a proposal for work they want to do on the Range Line Roads totaling $1,280, with our half $640. Mike said to reply that 2007 is Wilma’s year for road work, and to ask that one of their board meet with Gary to do a road inspection and to agree on any needed work. They want to replace the plastic culvert up by Squib Creek that has collapsed.

Duxbury Volunteer Fire Dept. Donation: We got a check for $250 from the fire department to help defray the cost of the new outhouse.

NEW BUSINESS: Minor Subdivision: Randy Michel presented a request for a minor subdivision of his property to be able to sell two ½ acres to Frank and Bonnie Rehberger. Because the County thinks we have a zoning ordinance, they asked for our approval. Mike moved that the Board accept the County’s decision to approve the subdivision and to notify Pine County Zoning. Glen seconded.

Grace’s Lake Easement: Mark and Lisa Sisterman petitioned the Board to grant them an easement into the Barry Parrish property they are purchasing on Grace’s Lake (the old Grace place). They do have access from the DNR through the State Trust Land, but this access does not allow them to build any permanent structures on the land, or to live there. Glen moved that the Board grant the Sisterman petition and to allow them an easement into their land, and that we notify the DNR of this. Mike seconded. Joe said he can help the Sistermans remove an old trailer from the place that they do not want.

Contract for Township Assessments for 2008: Bob Brewster sent a contract for the Board to sign, to assess our 280 parcels at $5.50 per parcel, or $1,540. Mike asked Paul to write to Bob and ask why we are billed for all our parcels when he only inspects a portion of them, and to ask how many actual inspections he believes he will complete in our township in 2008. Mike moved that the contract decision be tabled until the next meeting. Glen seconded. Mike will ask other township officials how they are assessed.

Junkyard Ordinance: There will be an informational meeting at New Dosey Town Hall on Tuesday, July 17, for the county to present the new proposed junkyard ordinance. Gary urged Eldon to attend and to raise the same objections that he did so well at the earlier hearings. Eldon thanked Gary and said he would try.

Duxbury Days: Glen said that even if we don’t have Duxbury Days, that someone should at least write an article for the Pine County Courier about our 100th anniversary and a little history of Wilma Township and the Town of Duxbury.

Road Grader: Mike said that Joe has been out grading with our new grader and says it is a dream to drive. The supervisors are looking into selling our old graders.

Bills:

First National Bank $ 2,000.00

U.S. Treasury (2nd Quarter) 608.86

ECE 36.23

Mark Pallow 495.00

Paul Raymond 83.11

Glen Williamson 112.03

Federated Coop (tank rental) 11.85

Pine Co. Assessor 240.00

Pine Co. Courier 13.16

Patrice Winfield 166.23

Total all bills: $ 3,765.77

Patrice presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached). We received the June settlement, including the levy for the new grader: $31,870. Mike moved to approve the Treasurer’s report and to transfer $3,700 from savings to checking. Glen seconded. There was a discussion on whether we need to continue to use the claim forms as Patrice can print out a master claim sheet with CTAS. The board said they like being able to see the claims, and it saves time to have them ready before the meeting.

Glen moved to adjourn the meeting; Gary seconded. Meeting adjourned at 9:45 p.m.

Paul Raymond, Clerk